Saturday, 31 May 2014

The Process of Pasta Sauce


Earlier this week, I made tomato-flavoured pasta sauce to add to the spaghetti that was being made for lunch.

The Ingredients
At top: Tomato puree.
From left to right: Tomatoes, sliced garlic, mushroom chicken soup (I used 2 packets of Vono).
Not shown: Sugar.

I made the mushroom soup separately by mixing the soup powder into hot water. Then I fried the garlic in a bit of oil until it was browned.
Next, I added some water and 2 spoonfuls of tomato puree. I stirred the mixture and let it boil.

The sauce before stirring.
I then added the mushroom soup, stirred the mixture, and let it simmer.
In the meantime, I sliced up the tomatoes. The large ones were cut into 8 slices each, the cherry tomatoes into halves.

With tomatoes.
I added the tomatoes to the sauce, boiled the mixture for about 5 minutes, and simmered it for another 5. I added a scoop of sugar as well.

Done.
And it is done. QED.

P.S.:  The sauce got rave reviews when it was served out that day.

~Avalina Francesca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?