Saturday, 11 April 2015

The Four Stars Chapter Fifty

Previous chapter: Art Tutorial.

Chapter Fifty: Sisters' Plan.

One afternoon, Isabel was jogging on the treadmill under the guidance of her twin.
"What's your plan?" said Attie, as she observed her twin's posture. "Besides running a convention at the museum and teaching art students these days."

"That's pretty much what I'm doing, besides looking after three young women who act like babies."
"Don't mock me!"
"Don't mock me!" said Attie. "You know very well I'm only ten minutes younger than you."

"You act as if you're ten years younger sometimes."
"Are you saying Fran's more mature than I am?"

"Yes," Isabel said, her expression still the same.

Attie was shocked. "Okay, why do you think that?" she asked.

"First of all, you fuss too much. Secondly, you hold grudges for much too long and want to deal with things harshly. Even Fran's grudges don't fester into violence."

Her sister's explanation stunned Attie into silence. After a while, the red twin decided to change the subject.

"Have you heard?" said Attie. "The gym is almost done renovating and will have a swimming pool in the back yard. Pool's grand opening is next week."

"It's been some time since we last swam about," said Isabel. "Ever since we moved out of New York City and settled into our own lives here, I haven't thought about swimming. Let's go there on the grand opening."

"Problem is, I won't be there for the grand opening of Willow Creek Pool," Attie joked. "Work and missions on that day."

"We'll wait for you to come back."
"No, it's fine. Go ahead without me first," said Attie.

"That wouldn't be nice, nor fair to you," Isabel said, running steadily.
"I can always make my entrance on another day," said Attie, grinning. Isabel shrugged.

Chapter Fifty One: To The Pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?